Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Upper Midwest Connection of the Month for March 2024 + Blog Update

 As with February's Upper Midwest Connection of the Month, the emphasis was on high finishes among Umcees. While not as clear-cut as last month's honour, there was still a leader among the Umcee golf community.

(Epson Tour)

For the first time, a woman emerges atop the month's performances among Umcees! Kim Kaufman has surged to the top five on the Race for the Card, which this year switched to a points-based system as opposed to the money-based order of merit used in years past, on the strength of two top-ten finishes.

All three Upper Midwest Connections of the Month for Q1--Erik van Rooyen (January), Tom Hoge (February) and Kaufman--will be on the quarterly All-Umcee Team. The other two honorees will be revealed in the coming days, hopefully before Masters Week begins.

Also, look for me to finally put up the first glossary entries on a separate page early this month. I mentioned this in my 2024 preview, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. On top of this, the NFL Draft is in three weeks or so. I may publish a mock draft on the Devilish Rake and see how I fared with my predictions come draft week in Detroit.

Lastly, once my new computer is acquired and things at work settle down a bit, I am thinking of setting up a Patreon, also as mentioned in my "state of the blog" linked above. If you have advice on these matters, I strongly suggest you email it to me at edward.genereux@mnsu.edu.

Edward the Scop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Memorial Tournament et al. Recap and Weekly Preview

Last week saw some Umcee noise...but not from the places you'd expect. At the Memorial Tournament in the Columbus, Ohio suburb of Dublin...